Broccolislaw it’s so simple and so tasty, it will blow your mind! A simple creamy homemade dressing and some vegetables are all you need!
I’ve never been a big fan of slaw. It always looks like it’s drowning in mayo. I would skip the coleslaw every time at summer barbecue. I do not know … it just never looked appealing to me. Then someone mentioned broccoli stalks instead of cabbage. I had to try it! It has changed my mind about slaw forever!
Then turn off the grill for some BBQ chicken or Traeger for some smoked pulled pork! It’s time for some summer BBQing and this broccolislaw is on the menu!
What ingredients are needed for broccolis law?
I said it was simple, so now I want to prove it. You can join the store bought broccoli law to make super duper easy, or go all the way from scratch. Either way, it’s going to be a hit at the grill. Here is your ingredient list:
- Broccoli ointment (or a bag of broccoli law)
- Carrots (grated)
- Mayonnaise (let)
- Apple cider vinegar
- Raisins (or craisins)
- Ground mustard
- Salt pepper
- Sliced almonds
The measurements for each ingredient are given in the recipe card below.
How to make broccoli law
Here are the steps to make this delicious veggie accessory:
- Peel the carrots and set them aside.
- Cut the outer skin of the broccoli stalks.
- Grate carrots and broccoli stalks (use a food processor or electric grater, or buy a bag of broccoli).
- Mix sugar and vinegar in a bowl and stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Add the rest of the dressing ingredients and stir to combine.
- Add the shredded vegetables and raisins and combine. So chill.
- Top with sliced almonds before serving, if desired. I love the crunch it adds!
The detailed instructions can also be found in the recipe card at the end of the post.
Is broccoli law healthier than cabbage law?
Broccolis law is packed with many antioxidants and other nutrients that cabbage does not offer.
What are the health benefits of broccoli?
Just one cup of broccoli provides over 100 percent of your daily needs for vitamin C and vitamin K.
Broccoli is also high in vitamin A, folate and potassium.
How long does broccoli law last?
Cole slaw stays in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Slaw must be stored in an airtight container and refrigerated within 2 hours.
What to eat with broccoli law?
I’ve talked about this being a BBQ side, but it could really go well with almost any entree. Here are a few of our favorites:
Which main course should you make with it first?
it’s time for broccolislaw to be a part of your life! The perfect amount of sweet, sour dressing on grated broccoli and carrots with raisins and crunch of sliced almonds. Who comes to my barbecue?
More BBQ accessories:
- 4 Broccoli stalks stor * see note
- 3 Carrots medium
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise low fat
- 2 Tableware Apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tableware Melis
- 1 Cup Raisins or craisiner
- 1/4 teaspoonful Ground mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Almonds cut into slices
Peel carrots and set aside.
Carefully cut the hard outer skin of the broccoli stalks. (If you look at a cross section, you can see the skin at 1/16 inch.)
Grate carrots and broccoli stalks (I recommend using a food processor or electric grater).
Put the sugar in a medium bowl and add the vinegar.
Stir for a minute so that the vinegar begins to dissolve the sugar.
Add mayo, ground mustard, salt and pepper and stir.
Mix in the vegetables and cool before serving. Top with sliced almonds if desired.
- You can also buy a bag of broccoli law at the grocery store and refrain from tearing broccoli stalks and carrots yourself. Broccolislaw usually comes with cracked carrots and sometimes red cabbage.
Quantity per portion (1 g)
Calories from fat 63
% Daily value *
Saturated fat 1 g6%
Trans fat 1g
Carbohydrates 42 g14%
Sugar 9 g10%
Vitamin A 7667IU153%
Vitamin C 6mg7%
Iron 1 mg6%
* Percent daily values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO OUR FREE Oh sweet basil NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE EASY RECIPES DELIVERED IN YOUR COLLECTION EVERY DAY!
When trying a recipe, use the hashtag # åhsødbasilikum on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured in our stories! FOLLOW OH, SWEET BASIL FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OUR LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND STORIES.