My favorite types of cakes are the ones that only take 5 minutes to prepare!
This easy old-fashioned pineapple cake only requires 5 ingredients and comes together faster than you can preheat the oven! It comes out so moist with lots of pineapple flavor.
This moist and sweet cake can be served plain or topped with cream cheese frosting or a dollop of freshly whipped cream. No fresh cream? The whipped topping works like a charm!
Why We Love This Easy Cake Recipe
As you probably know, I like recipes that are quick (and delicious) but don’t require tons of dishes or ingredients. This one is at the top of my list.
- This homemade pineapple cake is so easy to make and even easier to serve.
- With only 5 ingredients, if you have crushed pineapple, you probably have all the ingredients on hand.
- Preparation only takes a few minutes and a bowl. No stand mixer required!
- It’s simple to bake in a 9×13, without worrying about layers or multiple cake pans.
- It’s best to make this pineapple cake ahead of time so all the flavors can blend together!
This cake uses simple ingredients that you probably have on hand!
TO DRY All-purpose flour, sugar, and baking soda are mixed together to create the dry part of this cake.
EGGS This recipe uses eggs and crushed pineapple.
PINEAPPLE This cake is full of crushed pineapple for flavor and moistness. If you don’t have mashed pineapple, pulse pineapple chunks or fresh pineapple several times in a food processor. Do not drain, pineapple juice is needed for moisture.
ICING Cream cheese frosting or fresh whipped cream will both be delicious, use what you have on hand!
- Add 1/2 cup shredded coconut, a little lime zest and a teaspoon of vanilla to the batter.
- Grated carrots go perfectly with crushed pineapple.
- Toasted pecans, walnuts and especially macadamia nuts add some crunch and texture to pineapple cake.
- Better yet, sprinkle chopped walnuts or toasted coconut on top.
How to make a pineapple cake
This recipe is so easy, it cooks in less than 30 minutes!
- Combine dry ingredients, stir in eggs and pineapple according to the recipe below.
- Spread the cake batter into a prepared 9×13 pan.
- Bake until a toothpick comes out clean.
Top with whipped cream or even cream cheese frosting. Sprinkle with chopped nuts or garnish with pineapple chunks if desired.
Tips for the Perfect Pineapple Cake
- Don’t drain the juice from the can of crushed pineapple to get that chewy, sweet flavor.
- Because this cake contains fruit, it should be stored in the refrigerator. It will keep for 3-4 days.
- This cake can be frozen. Cut into portions or freeze the whole cake by wrapping it in plastic wrap, then in aluminum foil and label the outside with the date.
- The pineapple cake should last about 6 weeks in the freezer.
More pineapple treats
Did your family love this pineapple cake? Be sure to leave a rating and comment below!
Easiest pineapple cake ever (5 ingredients)
Homemade Pineapple Cake is sweet, moist, and full of pineapple chunks!
To follow Spend with money on Pinterest
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×13 pan.
Combine flour, sugar and baking soda in a bowl and mix well.
Stir in eggs and pineapple until very well blended. Pour into prepared pan.
Bake for 28 to 32 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Do not overcook.
Top with cream cheese frosting or whipped cream.
calories: 317, Carbohydrates: 72g, Protein: 5g, Fat: 1g, Saturated fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 41mg, Sodium: 291mg, Potassium: 137mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 48g, Vitamin A: 95UI, Vitamin C: 7mg, Calcium: 22mg, Iron: 2mg
(Nutritional information provided is an estimate and will vary depending on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Course Cake, Dessert